- Pharrell Releases 'Social Book,' Which Relies on Readers to Help Write It 'Inspiration' is coming soon… you just have to write it first.
- Watch Kanye West & Rick Rubin's Acceptance Video for Tribeca 808s Award By Kevin Rutherford Tomorrow at the Tribeca Film Festival's Disruptive Innovation Awards, Kanye West and Rick Rubin will be given the Roland 808s award for their use of the 808 drum machine in hip-hop-- and for an acceptance speech, the duo stars...
- A$AP Mob and Puff Daddy 'Xscape' to NYC The question this video leaves hanging is: are the A$AP Mob the villains or the good guys -- or people who live in a world that isn't that black and white?
- Beyoncé Lands the Cover of TIME's 100 Most Influential People Issue Who runs the world? Well, Beyoncé of course.
- Watch Future & Pusha T 'Move That Dope' on 'The Tonight Show' Dressed in all-white with a leather jacket and his signature shades, Future kept things simple, just letting his rhymes and Mike Will Made It's beat do the talking.
- RZA to Raekwon: Get on Board, or No Wu-Tang Album In the continuing saga of RZA vs. Raekwon, the former has given the latter an ultimatum: get on board with Wu-Tang Clan's new album, or said album is not coming out.
- Ryan Lewis, Mother Talk Her Battle with HIV, New 30/30 Project "Yes, I’m grateful that I lived," Julie Lewis, who is HIV positive, says. "But I want to do something to honor all those people that we love dearly who died along the way."
- Interview: Asher Roth Keeps it Real on New Album 'RetroHash' "My goals are to make good music and put it out. I want to use the music and my listener's time wisely so we can progress."
- Chance the Rapper Cancels Additional Shows Due to Flu, Tonsillitis "Upon rising on Sunday morning, Chance was running a 104 degree fever and could not speak due to the inflammation of his throat," his manager wrote. "He was rushed to Hollywood Presbyterian hospital where he was put on an IV drip and medicines were...
- Watch Pharrell's Fantasy Video for 'Marilyn Monroe' Like any writer worth their salt, Pharrell knows to not gild the lily. "I don't need no adjectives for this girl," he sings, and sure enough with the video for "Marilyn Monroe" he lets the visuals do most of the talking.
- ScHoolboy Q Is Black & White and NSFW in 'Studio' Video By Courtney E. Smith ScHoolboy Q's track "Studio" has two main concerns: work vs. love. And so those are the visuals its accompanying video explores-- a simple enough concept, the studio vs. the girl, and easy to put to film. Making the primary...
- Interview: Chromeo Put Their 'Antiheroic Schmucky' Stamp on the Love Song "There's no other ode to the castrated male on the radio today," singer Dave 1 said. "In that sense our music means something in the context of other songs that are like, 'I know you want it, I know you want it.'"