On Minimation, we comb through the archives of legendary New York radio station WNEW-FM and animate interviews with legendary rock artists. In this installment, Robert Plant explains how he and Jimmy Page wrote Led Zeppelin’s “Stairway to Heaven.”
Aldean’s as passionate about his new album as he is about his home state of Georgia. It’s been 16 years since he packed up and left for Nashville, but those roots are anything but forgotten.
The members of Mother Superior later went on to become the second version of the Rollins Band. Ian was a fan of their original incarnation.
“When people connect to the songs, they are really connecting,” Aiko says. “These aren’t just random words that I’m writing, these are actual experiences, so it means a lot.”
“I’m clinically bipolar, I have a lot of insecurities — there’s a lot that I’m constantly going through,” she says. “[Talking about it] allows us to connect to each other in ways we otherwise wouldn’t.”
- Interview: Slash Talks New Solo Album, Velvet Revolver and the State of Rock ‘n’ Roll 10/14/2014
- Radio.com Minimation: John Lennon on the Beatles Opening for Little Richard and Gene Vincent 10/13/2014
- Impact: Florida Georgia Line Release Second Album ‘Anything Goes’ 10/13/2014
- Interview: Jason Aldean Reaches Uncharted Territory with ‘Old Boots, New Dirt’ 10/10/2014
- Interview: Emily Kinney Makes Music, Tells Stories and Fights Walkers 10/10/2014
- Radio.com Minimation: Bon Jovi Revisits Tommy and Gina from ‘Livin’ on a Prayer’ 10/06/2014
- Big & Rich Teach Us About Exes, ISIS, ‘Gravity’ and the Two-Step 10/03/2014
- Interview: Play Six Degrees of Steve Aoki on his New Album ‘Neon Future’ 09/30/2014
- Q&A: Spoon’s Britt Daniel on ‘Good’ Songs & Brilliant Rolling Stone Album Covers 09/30/2014
- Radio.com Minimation: Cheap Trick on Getting Cut from John Lennon’s ‘Double Fantasy’ 09/26/2014