By Scott T. Sterling
During an interview backstage at this year’s We Can Survive show at the Hollywood Bowl, Williams took an almost uncomfortably long time pondering the question regarding the group he formed with Neptunes partner Chad Hugo and vocalist Shay Haley in the early 2000s and the prospect of a new album.
Carefully weighing his words, Williams finally responded: “I can’t say right now. But that’s good news. It’s really good news,” he stressed, before smiling and moving on to the next subject.
N.E.R.D, which is still most lauded for the band’s 2002 debut, In Search Of…, hasn’t released a full-length since 2010’s Nothing. The corresponding tour for that album included dates opening for the Gorillaz on the “Escape to the Plastic Beach Tour.”
Read more on Radio.com
- Kanye West is Recording New Music, Hints Pete Rock
- Nicki Minaj Teams Up with Fetty Wap for ‘Like a Star’
- Childish Gambino Releases Trippy ‘Me and Your Mama’ Video: Watch
- Russell Crowe won’t Face Charges over Azealia Banks Scuffle
- YG and Lil Wayne Drop New Track ‘Trill’