By Kevin Rutherford
Taylor Swift’s 1989 tracklist has been revealed — and now, so has the second song on it.
“Blank Space,” track two on 1989, leaked onto the Internet today (Oct. 24), continuing the slow rollout of new songs from Swift’s fifth album.
There’s currently no word on when the song will be released officially on song purchasing formats, or if it’ll remain little more than a leak until 1989‘s release next week.
The track finds Swift continuing her fairly seamless separation from the country genre; like songs “Shake It Off,” “Welcome to New York” and “Out of the Woods” before it, there’s no trace of country instrumentation, traded in for sleeker pop production.
“I’ve got a blank space, baby,” she sings on the chorus. “And I’ll write your name.”
1989 is out Oct. 27.
Read more on Radio.com
- Shania Twain Announces 2018 ‘Now’ Tour Dates
- Katy Perry Postpones ‘Witness’ Tour, Cites ‘Unavoidable Production Delays’
- Taylor Swift Begins Donations to Support Sexual Assault Victims
- Eazy-E’s Widow Sues Eazy-E’s Son Over ‘Ruthless’ Label
- Chester Bennington’s Widow Shares Son Jaime’s Music