By Kevin Rutherford
Open up your eager eyes: Mr. Brightside is coming back with his second solo release.
Little is known about the album so far, but Flowers did reveal that he’s working withproducer Ariel Rechtshaid (Vampire Weekend’s Modern Vampires of the City, Sky Ferreira’s Night Time, My Time) for it, as well as the band HAIM. The latter’s Danielle Haim sat in with the band on drums during a recent show.
“He’s taking me out of my comfort zone,” Flowers said of Rechtshaid. “Normally I make demos and they’re pretty similar to how the song ends up. but he’ll take a song and be like, ‘I hear this’. It’s incredible — his palette and his range, what he’s able to say. At first we were butting our heads together, but now we’re hitting it off.”
Flowers also noted that the album won’t be bereft of any Las Vegas references, but it will not be the Sin City-inspired record that his first solo release, Flamingo, was.
“People are going to interpret it how they will, but there’s only a little bit of Vegas in there,” he said.
Flamingo was released in 2010. Meanwhile, the Killers’ last album, Battle Born, hit in 2012.
More Killers on Radio.com
- Kanye West, The Strokes, The Killers Set to Play Governors Ball 2016
- Watch The Killers’ New Christmas Video ‘Dirt Sledding’
- Brandon Flowers: The Killers Don’t Get Their Due, Are One of the Best Recent Bands
- Stream Brandon Flowers of the Killers’ New Solo Album ‘The Desired Effect’
- Things Get a Little Stalkery in Brandon Flowers’ ‘Lonely Town’ Video: Watch