All

Son of Man Who Died at Hank Williams Jr. Concert Speaks Out

View Comments
(Terry Wyatt/Getty Images)

(Terry Wyatt/Getty Images)

By Annie Reuter

A 55-year-old man has died after being shoved at a Hank Williams Jr. concert on Sunday (Aug. 17).

While previous reports have blamed a 15-year-old for the incident, the man’s son is now speaking out in defense of the young man who was accused.

According to 29-year-old Cory Kobe, he and his father Robert Kobe attended Williams’ show at DTE Energy Music Theatre in Michigan on Sunday, and  said his father’s death was an accident.

“I want to make sure that this young man gets fair treatment,” Kobe told the Detroit Free Press of the teen, who was taken into custody after he shoved his father.

Cory explained that the Kobe family actually knew the teen.

“There are a lot of indications that there was no malicious intent,” he added. “Did you ever have an uncle who picks on you but doesn’t mean to hurt you? That was my father,” he said. “My father was double this kid’s size. There’s no way that kid’s just going to come up and clock my dad.”

The teen was detained after Kobe was found on the ground bleeding after he hit his head. He was seen fleeing the scene and spent Sunday night at Oakland County’s Children’s Village juvenile detention facility before being released on Monday morning.

This isn’t the first incident to cause arrests at a country concert this summer. Last month, a man was arrested for allegedly raping a girl at a Keith Urban concert.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 6,073 other followers

Select a Live Stream

News, Sports and Talk Radio