Luke Bryan Brings Country Music to Mexico for ‘Crash My Playa’ Beach Bashes
By Philip Cosores
Though country music usually implies America as the country, Luke Bryan is looking to expand the definition to our neighbors to the south.
During a four-night run (Jan. 23-27) in early 2015, Bryan will host “Crash My Playa,” a concert event taking place along the Riviera Maya on Mexico’s Yucatan Peninsula.
Joining the country superstar will be Florida Georgia Line and Cole Swindell, each with headlining sets on the beach, plus guests Kelleigh Bannen, Dustin Lynch, Eric Paslay, DJ Rock and Chris Stapleton.
The event is an all-inclusive vacation experience, full of Caribbean drinks and plenty of beach time. And if you happen to be a Citi card member, you will have access to pre-sale packages beginning August 19 at 10:00 a.m. ET through its Private Pass Program.
“We initially talked about an event that would bring our fellow artists together for a concert and the beach,” Bryan explained to Rolling Stone. “Then it just kept growing, and now it looks like we’re going to Mexico!”
Our reporting can confirm that this is indeed a concert and not the plot for The Hangover IV.
More Luke Bryan stories on Radio.com:
- Luke Bryan Was Most Played Artist on Jukeboxes in 2014
- Lady Antebellum, Chris Stapleton Cover ‘Drink a Beer’ in Tribute to Luke Bryan: Watch
- Luke Bryan Confirms ‘Crash My Party’ Follow-Up Album
- Luke Bryan, Florida Georgia Line Top Nominees for First American Country Countdown Awards
- Luke Bryan on New Single ‘I See You': ‘It’s Always Been My Favorite Song on the Album’