Drake Vs. Lil Wayne: Guess Who Said This Very Hard or Very Soft Verse
By Shannon Carlin
Drake started from the bottom and now he’s making all the girls who love Beyoncé feel good about themselves by pouring his heart out over a glass of Manischewitz. Napkin tucked in his shirt, of course. Lil Wayne on the other hand is about money milli’s, lean and anything else that might make you say WTF. Like on “6 Foot 7 Foot” when he says, “real G’s move in silence like lasagna.” You know, because of the silent “G” in lasagna. Don’t worry, it took us a minute the first time, too.
Clearly their styles are each their own and not too hard to detect. But what if we upped the ante and had them switch places, you know Parent Trap style?
That’s why, in hopes to test your Young Money knowledge, we’ve thrown in a few verses where Drake’s really on his worst behavior and Wayne’s rhymes are so sweet that you’re at risk of getting a cavity.
So, can Drake act tough enough to convince you he’s Tunechi? Or, can Wayne mimic Drizzy so closely that you’ll be surprised just how heartfelt he can be?
Seriously though, how long are we spending on this intro? Just take the quiz below and find out for yourself.
Drake vs. Lil Wayne: Who said it?
1. “N—a, be a man, you actin’ like a b-tch/I ain’t actin’ like I’m hood/I’m just actin’ like I’m rich, rich.”
2. “Suicide bars, I kill myself”
3. “And the angels even look and smell like you/ But there’s no angel or gal like you”
4. “The game need change and I’m the motherf–kin’ cashier/ Nickels for my thoughts, dimes in my bed/ Quarters of the kush shape the lines in my head”
5. “I used to love her, f–k it, I still do/ Cause love never die, but it can kill you”
6. “And babe you the f–king best/ You deserve a trophy/ You could be my four leaf clover”
7. “I ain’t lyin’ I shoot, you don’t need signs for proof/ Turn you to a vegetable like you lyin’ in soup”
8. “She say she hate that she love me and she wish I was average/ Sh-t, sometimes I wish the same and I wish she wasn’t married”
9. “I got my gun in my boo purse/ And I don’t bust back, because I shoot first”
10. “Man, probation is a b-tch but going back is not an option/ We be sonning all these n—as, put their a– up for adoption
11. “And shout out to the n—as that’s doing dead time/ Shout out to the b-tches there when it’s bedtime/ And f–k you to the n—as that think it’s their time”
12. “I’m just as unforgivin’ as most n—as/ You bit the hand, now starve, it’s not a joke n—a/ I’ll hang you with it after I teach you the ropes n—a”
13. “Sorry for the trouble that I put you and your heart through/ God knows that I’d do anything for a part two, or to/ Be prayin’ for the day you come back to me, sayin’ that you forgive me/ Give me another chance, I’m needin’ it like a kidney”
14. “I mean paparazzi on me tryin’ not to get caught out/ They always seem to catch me with the woman that I brought out/ Baby don’t hold on too long cause that’s how them stories start out/ And all the girls that played me, eat your muthaf–kin’ heart out”
15. “One life to live, never ask for a mulligan”
16. “When you was just a young’un your looks were so precious/ But now you’re grown up, so fly it’s like a blessing/ But you can’t have a man look at you for five seconds/ Without you being insecure”
17. “I swear to you every time I sees her, I seizure/ Keep running through my mind, jog my memories; amnesia/ Touch ya, tease ya, nervous? Don’t freeze up”