Kanye West Pleads No Contest in Paparazzi Assault Case
By Radio.com Staff
Today (March 17) in a Los Angeles court, Kanye pleaded no contest in regards to the charges, which include criminal battery and attempted grand theft. Each count carried a maximum of six months in prison or $1000 fine.
According to Washington, D.C.’s WGPC (a Radio.com station), the judge ruled that Kanye, who was not in attendance, must complete 250 hours of community service, serve 24 months probation, 24 private therapy sessions for anger management and one day in county jail.
It was also ruled that Kanye must make monetary restitution of an undisclosed amount to the victim, which will be disclosed on June 17, 2014.
During the trial, Ramon told the court he felt that Kanye should be sentenced to jail time for the trauma he caused him. Ramon also told the court that he felt Kanye used the attack to promote his album, Yeezus.
In a press conference following the ruling, Ramon’s lawyer, Gloria Allred also made it clear that she was going to keep an eye on Kanye to make sure he serves all of his time.
Earlier this year, West reached a civil settlement with a man he was accused of assaulting in a Beverly Hills medical office after the man made derogatory comments towards his fiancée Kim Kardashian.