By Annie Reuter
Hunter Hayes has finally revealed details about his upcoming sophomore release. The followup to his platinum-selling debut album is titled Storyline, and it’s set to hit stores May 6.
Hayes cowrote each of the songs on Storyline (see a full track list below, along with the album cover image). He also coproduced the album with Dann Huff.
On his debut album, Hayes played more than 30 instruments himself. This time, however, he’s taking a different approach. Storyline will include his touring band as guest musicians as well as steel guitar player Paul Franklin.
Fans can preview and preorder Storyline today on iTunes. A brand-new, high-energy song called “Wild Card” is also available for purchase, as is Hayes’ previously revealed single “Invisible.”
“I always write about something pretty personal, [but] this sets a new standard for me. I didn’t go in to write this song necessarily, I went in to write something else. [Songwriters] Bonnie Baker, Katrina Elam and I ended up writing about how we all, in different ways, can relate to the message of being an outcast, being misunderstood, being… essentially bullied. I say that very carefully because I know there’s a lot of people who go through that on a much larger scale. In whatever way I can relate to it, the song is about that. It’s about disappearing among the crowd, not having a place to fit in, being different you know? Being a music geek in high school, middle school, [and] now, I’ve just now gotten comfortable with the fact that I can call myself a geek and be proud of it.”
Hayes’ We’re Not Invisible Tour kicks off later this month and runs through May.
Hunter Hayes Storyline track listing:
1. Wild Card (Hayes/Laird/Dean)
2. Storyline (Hayes/Verges/Paslay)
3. Still Fallin (Hayes/Pierce)
4. Tattoo (Hayes/Verges/Dean)
5. Invisible (Hayes/Baker/Elam)
6. …interlude (Hayes/Baker/Elam/Dean/Buckmaster)
7. You Think You Know Somebody (Hayes/Ellis)
8. Flashlight (Hayes/Verges/Dean)
9. When Did You Stop Loving Me (Hayes/Ellis)
10. …like I was saying (jam) (Hayes/Ellis)
11. Secret Love (Hayes/Ellis)
12. Nothing Like Starting Over (Hayes/Verges/Sampson)
13. If It’s Just Me (Hayes/Baker/Elam)
14. Love Too Much (Hayes/Ellis)