Jonas Brothers Call It Quits…For Now

(Mike Coppola/Getty Images for Mercedes-Benz)

(Mike Coppola/Getty Images for Mercedes-Benz)

The Jonas Brothers have officially called it quits. At least for now.

The brothers–Kevin, Joe and Nick–made the announcement to People today (Oct. 28) that they are going their separate ways, only weeks after canceling their tour citing “a deep rift within the band.”

“It’s over for now,” Kevin, who’s expecting his first child with wife, Danielle, said.

Joe added, “It was a unanimous decision.”

The band revealed to the mag that the decision came after a meeting earlier this month where Nick confessed to his brothers that he had concerns over the future of the band. The Jo Bros were slated to release their new album, V, next year and had already released two singles off the record: “Pom Poms” and “First Time.”

“I was feeling kind of trapped,” Nick said. “I needed to share my heart with my brothers.”

But the guys were quick to point out that they could change their mind later down the road.

“It’s really hard to say ‘forever,'” Nick explained. “We’re closing a chapter, for sure.”

The Jonas Brothers have yet to post the official news to their website. Instead fans can read about their split in the upcoming issue of People, which hits newsstands on Friday (Nov. 1).

More from Shannon Carlin
blog comments powered by Disqus
All of Adele's Songs Ranked
6 Singers That Could Fire Up Jimmy Page
Diddy's 5 Best Songs Ever

Listen Live