This playlist and accompanying editorial is courtesy of our sister company, CBS Television.
It goes without saying that every man needs his own anthem — or rather man’them. Those songs that inspire him to get up and go, to hit the gym, to get the girl and to, well, conquer the world.
In the spirit of this truism, and in conjunction with the premiere of the new comedy We Are Men, which airs Mondays at 8:30/7:30c, we present to you the best man’thems around.
1. James Brown “It’s A Man’s Man’s Man’s World”
But, as Mr. Brown says, it don’t mean nothing — nothing — without a woman or a girl.
2. Queen “We Are The Champions”
Nothing in the world will rev your engine like this track from Queen.
3. Journey “Don’t Stop Believin'”
Every man goes through those moments of self-doubt. Counter it with Journey.
4. Survivor “Eye Of The Tiger”
Sometimes it is the thrill of the fight. Rise up.
5. Bruce Springsteen “Born To Run”
They don’t call him The Boss for nothing.
6. John Mayer “No Such Thing”
A man’them should absolutely encourage drawing outside of the lines.
7. The Killers “Somebody Told Me”
I’ve got potential!
8. Queen f/ David Bowie “Under Pressure”
Queen’s so nice, we had to include them twice.
9. fun. “Some Nights”
What do I stand for? Spending some nights out all night and some nights at home.